The new word for setting up party decorations is “styling your party”. It includes choosing a theme…and going big!
Everything from the decorations to the food table, the front entrance to the photo booth area and games, the entire party is “styled” for the theme. Here’s a few styling tricks and themes for the food table…
*In this picture: Spooktacular Party from KarasPartyIdeas.com
Styling a food table is like decorating an entire party – only you’ve just covered one table. Lots of work, but it really pays off when the food table becomes the center of attention.
- Choose a tablecloth, and make it hang to the floor – or use two. The first plain one can hang to the floor, while the second one provides a pop of color and texture.
- Create a backdrop. Set the table next to a wall, and decorate the wall with paper tree cutouts, hanging crepe paper or hanging canopy. No wall? Fill helium balloons and tie them lots of ribbons, then fasten to the back of the table.
- Set things at different heights. Need tall? Set a candelabrum on top of vintage books, use a tall cake stand for treats, and choose tall drink glasses. Other items can lay in flat, and you’ll have a nice mix of height for your table.
- An empty plate is never plain. Spread small candies on the plate before stacking on cake pops, or use a cake plate cling or decorative paper on the bottom of the cake plate before setting the cake on it. Get the idea? Color, color, color.
When it comes to the food tables, there’s a few party planners really rockin’ the scene…
- Harvest Pumpkins from Amy Atlas
- Mad Scientist/Breaking Bad from Celebrations at Home
- Orange & Black Halloween Party from A to Zebra Celebrations
- Forbidden Forest/Harry Potter from Kara’s Party Ideas.
- Host a sweet toddler Halloween party that won’t turn into a scary nightmare
- Spooky Creative Ideas For an Unforgettable Classroom Halloween Party
- When Invited Kids Have Food Allergies
- How to create unique and personalized decorations for your next family reunion
- Expecting new faces at the Thanksgiving table? Break the ice beforehand!